Breaking down barriers, building bridges.
The Behaviour Support team is a group of experienced specialist advisory teachers who work to support schools, other education providers and parents/carers to bring about positive change in the behaviour of children and young people (CYP).
We also offer comprehensive training and support to all levels of staff to build capacity within schools especially when dealing with challenging behaviour and actively encourage the sharing of good practice.
We are the first point of contact for undiagnosed need where a child or young person is displaying different or challenging behaviour. Parents and carers often remark we are the first people who have understood their children. Likewise schools frequently find that our assessment confirms the underlying feelings they’ve had about a pupil but not knowing how to take this forward.
Specialist areas of expertise include but are not exhaustive:
• Positive behaviour management / classroom management and the link with effective teaching and learning.
• Whole school behaviour audit and development and promotion of an emotionally healthy environment including the formulation of behaviour policies.
• ADHD / ADD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
• ASD (Autistic spectrum disorder) and associated difficulties
• Attachment difficulties (Developmental trauma).
• Anxiety including school refusal
• Support for newly qualified teachers.
• Support for staff through supervision/ peer supervision.
• Work with parents including complex families.
• Work with the Exclusions officer / services to promote inclusion but where necessary to support schools and parents/carers through the exclusion process including the formulation of Pastoral Support Programmes and where possible reintegration.
• Managed Moves and dual registration where staff work with the Exclusions Officer and Alternative Provision to ensure that CYP are given every opportunity to achieve positive outcomes.
The Behaviour Support Services also offers a wide variety of TRAINING. Please see below for further details.