Anxiety underlies many childhood diagnoses and the increase in mental health needs in the UK means more children and young people are suffering from social anxiety and generalised anxiety. Alternatively you may want to help children who are anxious about tests or exams.
1. Exploration of psychological approaches ranging from psychodynamic to cognitive-behavioural and the use the scientific study of Positive Psychology
2. Practical anxiety relief based strategies you can use with children/young people.
Comments from previous course include: "Fascinating and empowering" "Very informative and very useful insights into anxiety in young people" "A great overview/synopsis of current psychological thinking on anxiety in education"
1. As teaching staff you are more aware of anxiety
2. Extra strategies will be provided
3. Be more confident dealing with children who have anxiety across the age spectrum
KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, Post 16's