To enable Foster Carers, CRW's & Supported Lodgings to administer medicines or support young people with their medicines in line with best practice guidelines.
- Covert administration
- Non-prescribed medicines
- The importance of dose timings
- How to use eye drops, patches, inhalers, creams etc.
- Understanding dosage instructions
- Basic hygiene when administering medicines
- Reporting refusals, side effects and errors
- Expiry dates
- Legal issues
PLEASE NOTE: Refreshments (tea, coffee) will be available throughout the day. Lunch is not provided, please bring your own packed lunch with you or Merley House can provide a lunch at a very reasonable cost if you make them aware of the morning of the training.
Please arrive in good time for the start of the course. Please use the free car park for Merley House on the left hand side of Merley House Lane before you reach the venue.
Foster Carers, Fostering Social Workers, Community Resource Workers and Supported Lodgings Providers.