To provide MI practitioners with an opportunity to further develop skill and confidence in the use of this approach.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to
- Be reminded of the spirit and principles of Motivational Interviewing
- Become more confident and proficient in the use of reflections, including depth of reflection with direction
- Be able to integrate reflections with other counselling skills (OARS)
- Recognise the benefit of using affirmations to build confidence and enhance motivation
- Recognise signs that indicate readiness to change and help clients move towards activation
- Be able to recover from ‘mistakes’
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time restrictions at the venue this course will finish at 4pm. There will only be half an hour for lunch. Refreshments (tea, coffee) will be available throughout the session. Lunch is not provided. Please bring with you a packed lunch. There is free on street parking round the venue. Please arrive in good time for the course. Please consult the attachment on this course page for further details and map of the venue.
This one day course is aimed at professionals who have completed the two day Introduction to Motivational Interviewing course and are actively using the approach in their practice.