This one day Multi-Agency training course will equip practitioners to address safeguarding concerns in their work with children and young people.
This is a one day course aiming to raise awareness of multi-agency child protection procedures. This is relevant for all agencies involved in working with and safeguarding children and young people. Participants will be provided with knowledge to enable them to undertake the safeguarding role within their workplace. PRE-COURSE
- Please ensure that you have completed Level 2 or equivalent Safeguarding training
- Complete pre-course reading - 'What to do if you're worried a child is being abused'
- Please open the Resources page in course attachments, ensure that you are familiar with all documents as they will be referred to throughout the course
- Understand the child protection processes from the perspectives of the child and the family and how it impacts on them
- Describe what to do when there are concerns about a child’s welfare in complex and challenging situations
- Gain an awareness of the continuum of need
- Increase confidence in own roles and responsibilities in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Describe good information sharing practice
- Explain the importance of appropriate communication with children, families and professionals
Please book via your Nexus account. Confirmation will come from Nexus once your booking has been authorised by your CPD Leader or L&D Department. Course documents will be available from your Nexus account once your booking is authorised and checked out.
Please DO NOT attend unless you have received this confirmation.
Your course certificate will be sent to you via email from Nexus once you have completed the online feedback form.
Please check venue information for details on food and drink availability.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Course bookings must be cancelled via Nexus at least four weeks before the course to avoid a cancellation charge. A delegate has a 48 hour cooling off period in which to cancel their booking without being subject to a cancellation charge. If a cancellation is not made within 48 hours of booking then the full course fee will be payable if cancelled within the 28 day period prior to the course start date. Please refer to the LSCB Cancellation Policy for full terms and conditions.
Please note: once a booking is made it is classed as a reserved place and is therefore subject to a cancellation charge regardless of whether the place has been ‘checked out’. Delegates are advised to get managers’ authorisation prior to making an application for a place on Nexus.
We encourage a mix of statutory, voluntary and independent workers to enable participants to gain an understanding of safeguarding in other services and to form networks for future working.