To raise awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation, support the early recognition, vulnerability, warning signs, and associated factors of young people at risk of, or who are being, sexually exploited. This course is equivalent to the LSCB Level 3 Advanced course.
To understand the importance of gathering, recording, retaining information, and appropriate sharing of information within agreed muti-agency arrangements in Dorset (inc understanding of local CSE screening & risk assessment tools) Also; understanding the support young people can access in Dorset This course is delivered by specialist facilitators from Barnardos.
Slavery through DfE guidance, NCA Guidance and legislation such as the Serious Crime Act, Slavery Act etc)
- Describe the methods of grooming and routes by which children are sexually exploited
- Know the key risk factors that make a child more vulnerable to sexual exploitation
- Find more information on what to do and links to key policy, legislation and guidance (inc the impact of the new DfE definition of CSE from Feb 2017, County Lines, Trafficking &
- Develop strategies to increase confidence in direct work with children and young people regarding CSE
- Recognise the importance of information sharing and multi-agency working in responding to children and young people including use of the CSE risk assessment.
- Understand and take account of the lived experience of the young person
- Understand the importance of building positive relationships with young people on their ability to speak openly
- Using the YPs and family strengths to inform and support the protection/risk management plan
Refreshments will be made available, however lunch will not be provided. Please bring a packed lunch with you or the venue is within a very short walking distance of shops
Parking: Parking is available free of charge on site. If the car park at the venue is full please use the pay and display car park opposite the venue/co-op
Social Workers & Team Managers