To provide skills & knowledge to participants who work with children and young people with SEND and their families to develop effective plans, including Education, Health and Care Plans, which are person centred, outcomes focused and personalised
What will I learn?
- Introduction to a shared framework for Person Centred Approaches in Dorset, practice and principles
- Person Centred Approaches in the EHCP process
- Opportunities to practice skills and to plan implementation
- How to genuinely gain children and young people’s views in different ways
- Preparation for children, young people and their families for person centred approaches
- Troubleshooting around potential issues that might arise
- Recognising and sharing examples of good practice including local examples
Car Parking There are 2 car parks free for guest, one at the front of the property and the other at the rear. In total we offer around 90 parking spaces and both parking areas are accessible directly from West Street in the centre of Blandford Forum.
The course will be running from 9.30am - 16.30pm.
No lunch will be provided but refreshments will be. There are shops nearby but please take your own packed lunch if you would like to.
Please use the car park directly next to the venue. Parking here is free for all delegates in the venue car park. There is also a large pay and display car park near to the venue.
Social Care teams who support Children & Young People with SEND, staff from partnering & external organisations who support EHC Plans.Not suitable for staff from Borough of Poole & Bournemouth Borough