To provide skills & knowledge to participants who work with children and young people with SEND and their families to develop effective plans, including Education, Health and Care Plans, which are person centred, outcomes focused and personalised
What will I learn?
- Introduction to a shared framework for Person Centred Approaches in Dorset, practice and principles
- Person Centred Approaches in the EHCP process
- Opportunities to practice skills and to plan implementation
- How to genuinely gain children and young people’s views in different ways
- Preparation for children, young people and their families for person centred approaches
- Troubleshooting around potential issues that might arise
- Recognising and sharing examples of good practice including local examples
This course will be taking place at Dorset Youth Association, Main Hall, Lubbecke Way, Dorchester DT1 1QL. This course will be running from 9:30 am-16:30 pm Refreshments: Tea & Coffee will be available. Please bring lunch with you. Parking: Free parking on site. Please use car park behind venue or there is plenty of off street parking directly outside the venue
Children’s & Adults Social Care teams who support Children & Young People with SEND, staff from partnering organisations & external organisations who support Education, Health and Care Plans.