Child Sexual Abuse for Frontline Staff
Increase participants’ awareness in identifying and protecting children who are both at risk of and currently experiencing sexual abuse.
- Myths vs Facts on sexual abuse. Looking at attitudes, behaviours multi agency work and optimism bias.
- Understand normal sexual development in children across differing ages and how this links to signs of abuse.
- Common factors relating to intra and extra-familial abuse.
- Recognise the characteristics of parent-child incest, sibling abuse/incest etc, a brief on role of neglect and physical abuse in Intrafamilial abuse etc .
- Have some understanding of grooming (reference to Wolfe’s model)
- Feel more curious about identifying the possibility of intra-familial abuse.
Please use the car park on the left hand side of Merley House Lane just before you reach the venue. Please note that lunch will not be provided, but tea and coffee will be. Please bring a packed lunch with you, or Merley House can provide a lunch at a very reasonable cost if you inform them on arrival at the venue.
Please note that this course is for Dorset County Council Children's Services staff only.