A full day session exploring the NC (English and Maths) requirements for Y1 and Y2 through a rich and varied learning experience.
This full day workshop session will be run in collaboration with a current Y1/Y2 teacher to share key practice to support you in planning & delivering a broad and balanced curriculum for Y1, Y2 or a mixed Y1/2 class. This would be a great course for a teacher in their first year in Year One/Two (or first year back after some time away from Y1 or Y2) and experienced teachers alike. The session will look at the following:
- The National Curriculum requirements for Y1 and Y2.
- All key documents that KS1 teachers need to have read and have access to
- The Teacher Assessment Frameworks and how to use these to support assessment processes in preparation for end of KS1 assessment
- The expectations needed within a KS1 class
- How to use high quality texts to teach the English NC objectives
- Maths, schemes and how to ensure coverage
- Paperwork and systems that will support your evidence base for Teacher Assessment
- An opportunity to ask questions and share ideas with colleagues.
1. To develop your understanding of age-related expectations for Year One and Year Two. 2. To have considered this year's KS1 assessment frameworks in preparation for your end of year assessments. 3. To understand your statutory responsibilities in regard to KS1 assessments. 4. Share practice and ideas with other colleagues from KS1