This course is aimed at Senior Managers to whom allegations will be reported and who are responsible for the operational implementation of Managing Allegations against people who work with children's procedures within their area. Also intended for those officers who carry out investigations in children's and families and understand the role and responsibilities of the Senior Manager & LADO
The aim is to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Human Resources Employee Relations service
- Understand the process of managing allegations against staff, as detailed in Appendix 5 ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children'
- Be clear about how this fits into the wider safeguarding agenda
- Be clear about roles and responsibilities with regard to investigations
- Be informed about the function of the Independent Safeguarding Authority the Police.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of the senior manager and be able to apply procedures in own setting
- State the role and responsibilities of the LADO Local Authority Designated Officer
- Explain the role and responsibilities of the Human Resources Employee Relations service
- Describe the role that social care and police will take in investigations and their particular responsibilities
- Develop skills and share knowledge regarding scenarios and possible outcomes
Please note 0900 START TIME
Lunch is not provided
Tea & coffee will be provided on arrival and during morning & afternoon breaks.
0.5 Credits for Early Years and Childcare
£50 for Schools
Head and Deputy Head Teachers, Chairs of Governors in maintained and Independent schools, Senior Managers to whom allegations will be reported.