Course runs for two hours 9.30am - 11.30am
Dorset County Council have scheduled dates for the Early Help - Understanding Your Role course. This course replaces Common Assessment Framework (CAF) Training as the CAF process is embedded within this new course. Those that attended CAF training between April-July 2017 will not need to attend as the content will very similar.
These 2 hour Early Help training sessions explore how the needs and strengths of a child can be understood and assessed through a 'whole child' and ‘whole family’ approach.
OBJECTIVES By the end of the course participants will:
- have an understanding of Family Partnership Zones and how can they can play an active part
- explain how Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings enable multi agency colleagues to work together
- be updated with Dorset's approach to Early Help
- make a link with the Dorset Threshold Tool which identifies four levels of ‘vulnerability and need’ to assist practitioners to identify the most appropriate service response for children, young people and their families
- Have considered case studies to cement their understanding of the above
- Professionals/practitioners working directly with children, young people and families
- Those providing advice and training to professionals/practitioners working with families