- To fully understand the budget setting process
- An overview of linking the budget to the school development plan
- To understand value for money principles
- An overview of grant funding with particular focus on pupil premium
- To set up a 2020 21 budget scenario on Access Education Budgets
Completing this course will ensure you have a head start in preparing the 2020-21 budget. It does not replace the courses in February / March 2020, but highlights the work that can be completed in advance of the confirmation of final funding for 2020-21. Information on good budget setting practice will be provided together with guidance on all the information that will be required to set a well informed and balanced budget. The course content will also include relevant parts of the financial cycle, how to achieve value for money and an overview of grant funding with a particular focus on pupil premium.
This course is part of a series of four courses: 1) Preparing for Budget Setting in November / December 2019 2) Curriculum & Financial Planning in January 2020 3) Budget Setting in February / March 2020 4) Managing a Deficit Budget July 2020
Lunch is provided - please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.