Join us at the SAFSO conference, taking place at Kingston Maurward College, a beautiful location where SBMs, Finance Officers and Administrators across Dorset & our surrounding counties will meet for a day of professional development. The informative & enjoyable day includes a keynote speech, workshops, networking, marketplace stalls and of course a delicious lunch!
The afternoon keynote speech is "The Art of Being Brilliant" with Darrell Woodman from the Art of Brilliance team. 'The Art of Being Brilliant’ provides an antidote to the crazy world that typifies modern Britain. This workshop uses cutting edge research to explore how you can be you, brilliantly. The aim is to share some of the ‘secrets’ of Positive Psychology, focusing on learning new habits of thinking and behaviour that will sustain personal ‘brilliance’. It is about the ‘whole you’ and, as such, is applicable in and out of work. There will be workshops running during the morning:
- GDPR One Year On: Review of Key Functionality in SIMS
- Schools financial value standard (SFVS) for maintained schools: Return metrics
- School resource management self-assessment tool for academy trusts: Return metrics
- Graphical reporting with Power BI for SIMS, FMS and SIMS Finance
- Are you Sitting Comfortably? Demonstration of good workstation practice, set-up and use. Including adjusting your chair and display screen equipment and the benefits of adopting a good posture and work practices.
- Mindfulness, Meditation and work - workshop from a CBT Therapist & Mindfulness Teacher working in NHS - Ellie Sturrock.
- Chair Yoga - yoga moves which can be done easily even in your chair. Expert yoga teacher holding workshops to show you how.
- Food & Nutrition - A Personal Approach - Lou Thompson - Catering Manager at Thomas Hardye School
- DBS - Update and Top Tips for your school - Chris Matthews - HR Service Manager, Dorset Council
After a thought provoking day delegates will have lots of tips and ideas for better ways to carry out a variety of tasks in school.
Please note cancellations received less than two weeks prior to this event will not qualify for a refund of the course charge.
School Business Managers, Finance Officers and Admin staff.