Do you work or support those with SEN and Disability as part of your role? Are you Involved in ECHP Process?
Dorset County Council Children’s Services, are expanding their person-centred approaches training to all its partners and agencies that work with
children and young people with SEN and Disability (0 – 25 years).
Participants will work with multi-agency colleagues, a trainer from the NDTi and DCC trainers on the framework for Person Centred Approaches in Dorset and tools to promote PCA within their service.
There are several workshops taking place across the county, with the addition of a managers orientation day to launch the training.
Places are FREE to all agencies.
Managers Orientation Day
Person Centred Approaches - 12th July 2018
(please ensure a manager/representative from your area is attending.)
Person Centred Approaches Training: For all those who may contribute to the Education, Health and Care Plan process.
The training is designed to equip key team members with knowledge and skills to promote DCC person centred approaches in their services and agencies:
- Introduction to a shared framework for Person Centred Approaches in Dorset
- Person Centred Approaches in the EHCP process
- Opportunities to practice skills and to plan implementation
- How to genuinely gain children and young people’s views in different ways
- Preparation for children, young people and their families for person-centred approaches
- Troubleshooting around potential issues that might arise
- Recognising and sharing examples of good practice including local examples