Do you work or support those with SEN and Disability as part of your role? Are you Involved in ECHP Process?
Dorset County Council Children’s Services, are expanding their person-centred approaches training to all its partners and agencies that work with
children and young people with SEN and Disability (0 – 25 years).
Participants will work with multi-agency colleagues lead by an educational psychologist on the framework for Person Centred Approaches in Dorset and tools to promote PCA within their service.
There are several workshops taking place across the county.
Places are FREE to all agencies
Person Centred Approaches Training: For all those who may contribute to the Education, Health and Care Plan process.
The training is designed to equip key team members with knowledge and skills to promote DCC person centred approaches in their services and agencies:
- Introduction to a shared framework for Person Centred Approaches in Dorset
- Person Centred Approaches in the EHCP process
- Opportunities to practice skills and to plan implementation
- How to genuinely gain children and young people’s views in different ways
- Preparation for children, young people and their families for person-centred approaches
- Troubleshooting around potential issues that might arise
- Recognising and sharing examples of good practice including local examples