Ancient Weekends at the Ancient Technology Centre Cranborne
A chance to taste and smell the past!
Ancient Weekends at the Ancient Technology Centre are an ideal family day out in Dorset. They blend fun, living history, traditional crafts and skills, with hands on activities to excite children and inform visitors of all ages.
Bring a picnic or enjoy locally sourced foods, home made cake and delicious tea and coffee in the beautiful and timeless setting of this unique open air museum.
Next event weekend is 24 and 25 March 2018. Open 10am to 4pm.
Tickets £10 for adults and £5 for children. Under 4s go free.
The ATC is only open to the public on special event days. Please check the Public Events page for more details.
The rest of the time the Centre is available exclusively to schools and other educational groups providing authentic National Curriculum linked historical experiences. This includes a wide variety of activities for day visits and residential visits.
This unique site is also available for private hire for events. Contact the Centre for more information.
Damerham Road, Cranborne, Dorset BH21 5RP
Up to date school closure procedures
A reminder of the procedures for school closures:
Instructions for ‘closing’ and ‘reopening’ your school on the Dorset County Council GIS system:
1. Follow this URL to access the login page https://mapping.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/closedservices/admin (you can do this on any device with internet access including PCs and mobile phones).
2. Enter your username and password and click on the login button or hit 'enter'.
3. You will be presented with a list of services that you can edit – for headteachers this will just show schools.
4. When you click on ‘schools’ you will be presented with the name of your school.
5. If your school is open the green box alongside it will be selected. If you select the ‘closed’ box this will show your school as being closed. If you select ‘partially closed’ this will show your school as being partially closed. The school closure or partial closure will then be displayed on dorsetforyou.com. Ideally you should do this by 6.30am.
6. At 4 p.m. all closed schools will default back to open. If the school is closed on subsequent days you will need to CLOSE it again.
7. You can check the correct status is shown by logging out and going to https://mapping.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/closedservices and selecting Closed schools.
Notifying the local media, particularly radio stations:
1. Schools will NO LONGER be required to notify local radio stations themselves.
2. Dorset County Council’s communications unit have notified the local media that the process has now changed and that they will find the DEFINITIVE list of closures on dorsetforyou.com.
3. You should notify parents that they can access the information on https://mapping.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/closedservices or listen to their local radio stations.
If you have forgotten your username you can also use your registered email address to login. This is normally your ‘office@’ email address. If you have recently changed the name of your school or your email address, please notify the GIS team via email@example.com
If you have forgotten your password follow the 'Forgotten your Password' link on the login form. This will then send a new password to the registered e-mail.
For questions about the GIS system, please call: 01305 224861 (07967 504716 in emergencies only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
For other queries regarding the school closure process please email: email@example.com or phone 01305 22 4995